Saturday 28 February 2015

MORNING RITUALS

Routines are always apart of my day, especially when I am trying to stay on track with my health. My favourite little routine is what I do in the morning. These are a couple of things I do after I wake up to start my day out right. Hope you enjoy x

WATER



My absolute very first thing I do in the morning is drinking a big glass of water with lemon or lime. After going 8 hours without water it’s important to hydrate when you wake up. Hydration is essential for healthy glowing skin and regular body functioning.
There are so many benefits to drinking water in the morning, it clears toxins and balances your systems. The lemon helps to alkalise your system and make you feel refreshed.

MINDSET

It’s so important to start your day in the right mindset. To ensure I feel positive in the morning I will usually do some morning affirmations, practice gratitude and set goals for my day.
Affirmations take you literally less than a minute to say in the morning and can change you whole day by putting you in the right mindset. These are my go to morning affirmations:

I am feeling healthy and strong today
I have all that I need to make this a great day
I can solve any challenges that face me today
I am happy and content with my life
I am filled with gratitude for another day on this earth

I notice that saying 10 things that I am thankful for can put me in the perfect mood, help me to feel more relaxed, content, less materialistic and overall more happy.

BREAKFAST


For breakfast I will have either a huge fruit salad topped with chia seeds(soaked); Turkish bread with avocado; or my favourite which is a healthy fresh green smoothie. I tend to eat light in the morning so I don’t feel sluggish for the rest of the day.

 EXERCISE


 I always feel I have more energy in the day if I exercised that morning. It’s also an excuse to get up early and go outside – Despite the fact that I love to sleep in it's actually my favourite time of the day.
I either do a 10-20 minute run/bike ride, a 10-minute workout or my morning yoga routine. My favourite yoga app is Yoga Studio.

Hope you enjoyed! I'd love to know what's your morning routine?



1 comment: